- This event has passed.
Monthly Modern Brewskies Tournament
January 26 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
One event on September 22, 2018 at 3:00pm
One event on October 27, 2018 at 3:00pm
One event on December 29, 2018 at 3:00pm
One event on January 26, 2019 at 3:00pm
One event on February 23, 2019 at 3:00pm
Format: Swiss, 5 rounds max, deck checks required
– Top 4 split 40% of entry fees in store credit 3:2:2:1
– X-2 or better place prize out in store credit or product depending on attendance
– Best Brew gets 20% of entry fees
– Most Original deck gets 20% of entry fees
– Additional prizing in terms of product and promos at store’s discretion
(Everybody puts in votes for Best Brew and Most OG prizes)
Let’s go back to the days before net decking, where 80% of game was brewing ridiculous decks at home! Spirit of the game is to come up with a Modern legal deck that’s all your own and surprise the top-loaders off your opponent! Get brewing!
***** The idea is a $10 for 4 hour of entertainment, for a laugh, need to read your opponent’s every other card type of game. There are times and other events a plenty for honing skills and piloting top decks, but this one-a-month gettogether is meant to be silly *****
1. Don’t just take a top 8 deck and change it around a bit, eg. don’t play tron with different bombs. Aim to share no more than 50% of the cards (excluding basic, dual-colour, and fetch land) with a tier 1 – tier 2 deck. (IE. No more then ~20-24 cards similar to a top tier decklist (standard and modern) from the past 4 years. Lands will count if you use lands that matter, eg. tron lands, valakut, and manlands)
2. Anything that we can name easily / can find on a top 8 list in the past 3-5 years will be disqualified at the discretion of the store. Message the store ahead if you’re unsure.
3. The store retains ultimate right to judge for originality and toss you out for ruining the spirit of a for funsies game. Farm or hone your triggers/skill at other events. This is a once a month event to be ridiculous and lose or win spectacularly.
(image credit: .Rai from yugiohcardmaker)